Gastroenterology is a branch of medicine that studies the digestive system and its disorders. This service specializes in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, including organs from the mouth to the anus, along the digestive tract. Doctors who practice in this area are called gastroenterologists.
To maintain an appropriate and financially successful practice, gastroenterologists must be aware of the various coding guidelines and protocols for specific payers. Medical billing and coding for gastroenterology is challenging and requires expert knowledge to ensure maximum payment. These issues include billing for colorectal cancer screening versus the colonoscopy, gastrointestinal motility and function tests, documenting appropriate levels of assessment and management services, category III codes for the treatment of GERD, and the use of modifiers.
Advantages of gastroenterology, billing and coding services
We bring excellence, knowledge, and precision to billing and coding services in gastroenterology, creating a error-free income cycle for your clinic. With capabilities throughout the revenue cycle – patient demographics, insurance validation, insurance authorization, coding, billing, billing reconciliation, and waiver management – we can add value to your organization with results-driven analytics and processing. Our team is committed to simplifying the process of billing, coding, filing claims and submitting payments. We provide consistent tracking of accounts receivable and prior authorization to avoid denial of claims.
The top priority of our Failure Management team is to shift your focus from failure management to failure prevention. Medical Billing experts help gastroenterologists offer excellent care to their patients with a focus on improving their administrative and financial skills.
Our services include;
- We provide you with a team of experts who are familiar with medical billing software such as Lytec, Medic, Misys, Medisoft, NextGen, and many more.
- A team that successfully handles medical bills with leading commercial operators.
- Professionals who can successfully negotiate with Medicare and Medicaid policies for a particular state.
- Our expertise also includes improving collection and payment.
- By using our services, you can make payments faster and reduce stress through complete financial and business management reports.
- Access to your patient’s data and financial information, all day long i.e., 24/7.
- Transparency throughout the revenue cycle.
- A dedicated billing manager who will pay special attention to your project.
- Clean up the system before resolving claims, and fully track underpayments and unpaid items to ensure accurate clinical records
- Quality check to verify the accuracy of coding/expense records before filing a claim
- Applying for major insurance policies including Medicare, Medicaid, workers’ compensation, and personal injury
- Assistance in collecting patients
Areas of Expertise
Our billing and coding staff is well trained and stays up to date on the latest changes in gastroenterology codes and actor requirements. This ensures that the claims we make are accurate and do not delay payment. We also understand the claim rejection process, and can quickly and effectively appeal the rejected claims to ensure prompt payment.
Our billers and coders understand:
- Complex gastroenterology billing codes and regulations
- Gastroenterology-related terminology
- Office notes and working notes
- Coding for surgical procedures
- Variations of code related to many process rules
As a part of our expertise, every day we handle gastroenterology billing with systems that are not limited to,
- Abdominal Angiogram
- Oesophageal Stent Procedure
- Upper Gastrointestinal Series
- Liver Transplantation
- Barium Enema
- Endoscopic Retrograde
- Gastric Stapling (Restrictive) Surgery
- Barium Swallow
- Endoscopic Retrograde
- Liver Biopsy
Why choose Zee Medical Billing Services?
Billing for gastroenterology services can be challenging and requires extensive and specialized knowledge of billing in gastroenterology. Medical billing companies that do not have experience with gastroenterology specialists often make coding errors that result in claims being denied or underpayment for incorrect services or procedures.
For example, a gastroenterology coding expert will determine which code is right for the procedure. Incomplete or wrong code may result in loss of revenue or delays. We ensure 100% compliance of codes with procedures to expedite revenue cycle management.
Our team of specialists will help you to reduce office costs by using our services and software. All you need is a computer and the internet. The training management program is complete and part of our regular services.
Zee Medical Billing Services is a unique billing company in gastroenterology, and we will provide you with a complete solution for your medical billing and practice management, all for one fee. This fact includes all the health care.
Get a free no sting attached billing services quote from ZEE Medical Billing for your practice.